My Boss’s Boss is cooking Chinese for his family Christmas feast and here I am to help with my recipe of King Prawn Fried Rice. Enjoy.
Raw King Prawns appoximately 6 – 8 per person serving.
Rice (1 cup is enough for 1-2 person)
Chopped Spring Onion
(You can add other vegetables, just need to be chopped.)
1 egg for each person serving
Chinese Five Spices
Ground White Pepper
Thin Slice Ginger
The rice should be boiled and cooked the day before!
1. Measure the amount of Rice
2. Wash and Rinse rice with cold water twice to remove starch
3. Into the saucepan, 1 Cup water for each cup of rice
4. Turn the heat to the maximum and bring the water to boil with the lid on
5. When the water is bubbling, turn the heat down to low, keep the lid on
6. Rice should be cooked in 30 – 45 mins (DON’T OPEN the lid, I suggest you use a saucepan with a glass lid)
7. Once the Rice is cooked, put boiled rice into a bowl cover with cling film, left to cool to room temperature before putting into the fridge
If frozen prawns are used, defrost prawns a couple of hours beforehand, do not use microwave nor soak in water.
Slice the prawns down the middle of it’s back. You can then devein. Becareful not to slice the prawns too deep and into two pieces. Then marinate with
1. Soy Sauce
2. Chinese Five Spices (you can be generous)
3. Salt and White pepper
4. Dash of sesame oil
5. Rice Wine
Marinate for at least half hour before cooking.
Heat wok to high
1. Add oil
2. Add chopped garlic and slice ginger
3. Stir for a couple of minutes, until the favours are oozing out
4. Add prawns
5. Cook for a few minutes.
1. Power Boil the chopped vegetables for a few minutes to soften
2. Drain, pass through cold water and set aside
Egg Fried Rice
1. Take out the boiled rice from fridge and leave it to stand.
2. Beat eggs and add pinch of salt
3. Heat wok to high
4. Add oil
5. Add beaten eggs, keep stirring and break up egg into smaller pieces
6. Use a spoon and add rice to wok
7. Keep wok at high temperature, the key is you have to keep stirring and turning continuously.
8. Mix the rice and the egg. Also in the process break up the lumpy rice
9. Add dashes of soy sauce to darken rice
10. Add pinch of salt to season.
11. Keep stirring
12. Add vegetables
14. Add Prawns (don’t add the juicy liquid, just the prawns)
16. Add Spring Onions
18. TASTE and add more soy sauce to season if required
19. Add sesame oil
21. Turn off heat and serve with Chinese chili sauce
Done, Simon’s king prawns fried rice.
Call me if you need help!